...is defined as “the study, development, and application of devices, machines, and techniques for productive processes.” When I hear the word technology, I perceive images of robots, space-age computers, and flashing lights- sort of like the stuff out of IRobot and Surrogates. But aside from science-fiction, the wonders of technology are all around us and play a pivotal role in our society today. The three first items I touch when I wake up every morning- my alarm, light switch, and toothbrush -are all electronic. Technology is so deeply rooted in our lives in fact, that 75% of today’s generations of young adults (ages 16-24) admit that they could not live with out computers and phones. I myself am no exception; I would eventually go crazy if I lost the ability to check my Facebook profile, text my friends from my cell phone, and was forced to use a Dewey-decimal system to sort through books in a library as opposed to getting a Google search answer in 0.24 seconds. Though technology seems to be a completely essential to our daily lives, is it possible that we can overindulge in the cutting edge of the technical world to the point where it will become so indispensible that we require it as a day-to-day lifeline rather than a convenience?
For further reading on the dangers of technology abuse, click the following link: http://www.articlealley.com/article_85026_45.html
Hey julian whats crackin i love your blog i agree 110% dont you as well.
ReplyDeleteTechnology just rocks peoples socks off.
I think your post is accurate and that technology is very important. Almost all of the information that you said I agreed with and have the same views. All of the old methods of getting research and information is very time consuming and it would be much easier to use a computer or other quick method to get research. I am the same way with how I use research and connect with other people. Yeah.
ReplyDelete